What data do we collect?
When you register with us, we collect registration and demographic information such as your name, email address, password, country, and exact location. Your phone number will also be collected if you add that to your profile. To deliver a more relevant service, we use your location data. Your location data may also be used to do analytics to improve the services. We will not collect your location data until you manually enter it or if you decline to accept location data collection in the app.
We may collect account or profile information when you connect with us on social media. You can use Facebook, Google to enable, log into, or sign on to the services. When you join using your social networking service accounts, we may obtain personal data that you have submitted to the social networking service. When you log in using your social media credentials, we may gather personal data from your social media profile that is permissible under social media’s Terms of Service, such as your email address, age, and profile image, with your approval.
The submission of your personal and payment details to us is voluntary, but the consequence of not giving your data may be that you cannot use the Platform or enter promotions, contests, etc.
Your data will be used for the following purposes:
- Operate our company and provide our services.
- Create and administer your Baakki account, as well as execute orders and refunds
- Enrol you in contests, programs, or offers if you request them. Your data may also be used to remind you of promotions and other exclusive offers.
- Personalise our services, for example, recommending the rightest seller.
- Responding to your requests for technical help, online services, product information, or any other communication. This includes gaining access to your account to resolve technical support issues.
- Enhance our advertising and marketing activities, as well as present you with information on the items we believe are most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you about your orders or our services via emails, push notification on app, calls, or text messages.
- Send news about us and our items through email and/or push notifications If you agree to receive such.
We have put in place an information security program to protect your personal information. However, no technique of Internet transmission or method of computer storage is completely safe. As a result, we cannot guarantee its complete safety.
We will keep your personal information on file for as long as your account is active or if we require it to provide you with services. If you close your account, we will keep your personal information for as long as it is required to keep our business running smoothly, to keep a record of your transactions for financial reporting or fraud prevention purposes until such objectives no longer exist, and to comply with our legal duties, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
At any time, you can withdraw your consent for us to use your data for any reason. You may contact us by emailing email@example.com. Your right to privacy under the Data Protection Act is unaffected.
When do we share personal information?
We share your data as follows:
- with your consent.
- with Sellers and Business Partners for them to sell, deliver and provide you with the items you have ordered. We share personal data with Sellers and Business Partners to fulfil our contractual responsibilities to you, and they are not allowed to use it for anything other than selling, delivering, providing, and/or supplying the item.
- to a succeeding owner, co-owner, or operator of one or more platforms, or any part or operation relating to one or more platforms.
- to follow court orders and government demands, or as needed to assist auditing, compliance, and corporate governance operations where these legal requirements need it.
- to combat fraud or criminal behaviour, and to safeguard our rights or the rights of our Affiliates, Sellers, or Business Partners, and users, or as part of legal processes affecting us and/or our affiliates, because preventing fraud and protecting these rights is in our legitimate interests; or
- in response to a legal procedure, including to law enforcement authorities, regulators, and courts, to the extent that such legal duties require it.
We encourage sellers and business partners who are not linked to us to adopt and post privacy policies. While we share personal data with sellers and business partners for the purposes stated above, their subsequent processing and use of personal data collected through us is regulated by their respective privacy policies and practices and is beyond our control (except for the use and processing by sellers and business partners providing services to us, as described above).
How to contact us